Yesterday was a chemo day, and boy, I can't sugarcoat it, are those days rough. It's a weird thing, because the treatment itself, besides being prodded with an IV for three hours, is perfectly fine. Even the first few hours after, you feel pretty okay. But then, it just slowly creeps up on you, like a fog cloud all over your body. And then the exhaustion and nausea set in. Man, so much of cancer is just a wicked waiting game. I will say that sleeping through the day did me some good, and in general, my response was MUCH better than the first treatment, especially in terms of the heartburn, for which I prophylactically took some meds. I had a new nurse this treatment, who was a Soviet from Brooklyn like Grisha. She was nice, and good at her job, but I didn't like her as much as nurse #1, Asha.* With the chemo meds, they bring in a second nurse to double-check your identity as to make sure they're 100% giving the right doses to the right person, and Asha popped in fo...
Comments
Post a Comment